Types of geometries in Who's On First, and their meaning.
This document should still be considered a work-in-progress
This section (polygons) is out of date and needs to be updated to describe the syntax for "alt" geometries. See also: https://github.com/whosonfirst/whosonfirst-cookbook/blob/master/how_to/creating_alt_geometries.md
This is a placeholder label. It is a terrible name. We just haven't found a better one yet.
- The math centroid of the area polygon.
- Where the label should be displayed.
- Where do locals from this place consider the "center".
- Snapped to nearest road and used to provide accurate turn-by-turn directions and navigation ETAs (expected time of arrivals).
- Used for point-in-polygon (PIP) processing.
- Tourists follow guides and flock towards famous attractions.